Thursday, February 28, 2008

Reflection 2 (Week 4)


Haa…it’s been a tough week…juggling with my lectures and my club’s activities sure is not easy…ok, back to the business…In unit 3, we focused more on POSITIONING…this should be good since lots of my friends are still having problem withy this aspect.

For this chapter, Shera and Farah were responsible to do the presentation. I did not have too much problem in understanding the text since I have read it earlier. The text showed us how a writer positioned the participants in his writing and also his readers. From what I understand, I can say that, different approaches can determine different perspectives. So, a correct positioning is so important so that the writer will be able to convey his or her stance clearer.

Another two readings were interesting too. “Please, let me go to your school” displayed how successfully the writer gain sympathy by describing Scarlett Finney as an innocent and disadvantage girl. The other article which is “The Truth about Youth” is quite appealing too. It talks about what teenagers nowadays fear of and it is quite a mind-opener for me.

As for this chapter, I do not really have problems with it. Now, I feel more comfortable reading any articles and it is not quite as depressing as before.

That’s all for now.

I’ll keep you updated!!!

No comments: